7 Tips to Attain Tranquility
Tranquility is defined as the quality or state of being tranquil, calm. Just the word itself feels relaxing. Can you identify what invokes a tranquil feeling in you, that inner peace, that stillness and harmony inside you?
Raise your hand if you can remember the last time you were tranquil.
We crave tranquility even if we may not realize it. We need that quiet, the ability to remain calm despite what is going on around us. We yearn for that certain something that will allow us to flow through life with ease and balance even in the face of difficult situations and circumstances.
The good news is that we can achieve tranquility. It may take a little work, but it is definitely worth it.
I’ve come up with a list of activities to align you with your tranquil self. Try one, try all, in order or not, but only you can take the steps to get your tranquil on.
- Be your authentic self. Don’t try to be someone you’re not. You can’t please everyone so make sure to please yourself. Your real friends will like you for who you are and anyone else doesn’t deserve you.
- Live in the now. Why worry about what happened in the past or what will happen in the future when you can’t change the past and the future always changes depending on your choices? Live in the now, the present. Enjoy the moment. Take a look around and notice what you have. Be grateful, be joyful, be happy.
- Love with your whole heart. Why hold back? Show your love for those in your circle. Bring it into all situations. Look at people and situations around you with love and openness.
- Speak your truth. This goes along with being authentic. When we hold back our thoughts we close off from ourselves. We can grow resentful and angry toward others and ourselves. Don’t be afraid to speak up. You can find a way to get your point across without being cruel. This is for your health and well being.
- Don’t compare yourself with others. We each have our own set of challenges and issues. Stop comparing yourself to others. You’ll never be them and you don’t want to be. Be yourself. Be proud. You’ve overcome so much and are on your own journey. You’ll get to where you want to be. Remember, the grass isn’t always greener on the other Side!
- Keep a sense of humor. Laugh, dance, sing, watch funny movies, read funny books, hang with those who make you laugh. Seriously, life is too short not to laugh. A good belly laugh relieves a lot of stress and tension.
- Take a look at your life. What do you need? Does anything need to change to make you happier? Career, people around you, situations...check in every now and then with how your life is progressing. Set goals for change if you’re not happy. Sure, change is scary, but staying in a rut is stressful and depressing and leads to hopelessness and who wants that!
These exercises may seem overwhelming at first or totally undoable if you’ve been coasting in neutral for a while. Sometimes, taking the first step is the hardest or you may not even know where to start. You are not alone. A good life coach can help you identify what you want and need and then help you to set goals and take the steps to accomplish them.
You deserve happiness.
You deserve balance and inner peace.
You deserve harmony and calm.
You deserve tranquility.
If you’re needing assistance with finding tranquility or want to get unstuck, schedule a SOULutions Discovery session today!